Monday, September 2, 2013

Introduction.... (Originally Posted 2/22/12)


Who am I?

Well let’s see… I am a 27 year old woman who has been struggling with Bipolar I Disorder for 12 years. I was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland by two absolutely amazing parents.

I went to college at Towson University where I studied the human services and social sciences field.  I have worked in a few different roles in the field of mental health (we will get into that more later).  I am in “Business” school now, pursuing my MBA.  Now… let’s be honest business is NOT my passion by any means.  The field of psychology is my passion in life.  So one might wonder why I am in business school, well actually, many wonder this.  I get asked that question all the time.  I am in business school to make a difference! Generic answer, huh? The short of it is… psychology is my passion and my MBA will give me the tools I need to make a difference in the field of psychology with much more intensity than I could have otherwise.  I’ll tell you much more about the passionate life-long goals I have later.  What I will tell you is that getting rid of the stigma surrounding mental illness is by far my biggest and most passionate goal in life, so why don’t you help me get that started?

Was I vague enough? Do I have you wondering more?  Good! That means I got your attention and you’ll be back to read more and more and more and more!

You ready to blow that kiss to stigma?  You know what kiss I’m talking about, right? You know… the goodbye kiss!! Join me on this journey and you will slowly get closer and closer to blowing that amazing kiss goodbye to stigma!  I hope you keep coming back to read more! I am looking forward to this journey! 


Remember…. “WE” are just like “YOU”, AMAZING human beings with hopes, goals, ambitions and lots to offer!

No comments: