- Delusions: False beliefs about what is taking place or who one is
- Hallucinations: Seeing or hearing things that aren't there
- Disorganized thought and speech
- Disordered thinking: thoughts that jump quickly between unrelated topics
- Most individuals with Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective Disorder
- Some individuals with Bipolar Disorder
- Some individuals with Personality Disorders
1. Psychiatry. characterized by or afflicted with psychosis.
Synonyms: (in nontechnical usage) insane, psychopathic,
lunatic, mentally ill; mad, disturbed, deranged, demented, non compos mentis.
Antonyms: sane; compos mentis, clearheaded, lucid
2. Psychiatry. of or relating to psychosis: psychotic symptoms; psychotic delusion.
3. (loosely) mentally unstable: The man who threw a stone through the convenience
store window must be psychotic. Synonyms: loony, crazy, nutty, nuts, bonkers;
kooky, cuckoo, daft, batty, screwy, potty.
4. intensely upset, anxious, or angry; crazy: My dad gets so psychotic when
I come home even a little bit late.
Synonyms: crazed, furious, enraged, wrathful, irate, incensed, infuriated; livid, pissed off.
5.Psychiatry. a person afflicted with psychosis.
Synonyms: (in nontechnical usage) psychopath, madman, maniac, lunatic.
6. (loosely) someone who is mentally unstable: I always cross the street when
I have to go past that homeless shelter; it's full of psychotics.
Synonyms: nut, kook, cuckoo, loony, loon.
The following is taken directly from thesaurus.com- psychotic definition