Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Rock Bottom

Sometimes in life, we have to hit rock bottom, to see the pattern of destructive behaviors and negative thought patterns we have been engaging in. Not everyone needs to hit rock bottom and rock bottom is not the same for everyone.

Rock bottom for me came last summer when I overdosed on Klonopin and Lithium with the hopes of ending my life. What followed that was life changing. Not the stay in the hospital, but the thoughts and feelings that invoked in the weeks and months to follow. The analysis of my outlook on life, on happiness, on family, on friendship, on relationships... all of that was life changing. All of that came from hitting rock bottom and coming out of it a stronger and better person.

The people who support you and love you through the times when you feel and act so unlovable are the ones that will never leave your side no matter what. Thank you to everyone who was there for me when I hit my rock bottom last year. Thank you to everyone who saw me through it. Thank you to everyone who loves me no less now even though they saw me and cared for me when I was so hard to love. I don't know where I would be without all of you.  I especially don't know where I would be without my mom and dad. They have never lost hope in me and have supported me through every heartache and every bit of my illness. Words could never begin to explain the love and appreciation I have for my parents and everyone else who has loved me through the worst.

I am so proud of myself for the strength and growth that has come from last year but I also know I couldn't have done it alone!

No comments: