Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Are you wiling to share your story?

I'd like to try something new with my blog. I've told a lot of my story up until this point. Now, I'd like to share the stories of other individuals who are living with a mental illness or have a loved one with a mental illness. A few weeks ago I had the chance to share the story of one of my Facebook followers, which I very much appreciated. Everyone's story is different and each story brings a new and different perspective on mental illness to individuals who don't know a lot about mental illness as well as individuals who are knowledgeable about mental illness and care deeply about the subject. Equally important to that, new and different stories could connect with some of my readers more than my story does. Your story could relate more to someone's individual situation and could make a difference in their life. Your story could help fight the stigma of mental illness and give someone a sense of belonging and hope as well as the feeling that they are not alone in their fight!
 If you're willing to share your story for me to post on my blog please send me an e-mail me at KissingStigmaGoodbye@gmail.com. I would never share your name or any identifying information, it would be posted completely anonymously! It can be as short or long as you'd like; as formal or informal as you'd like!
Thank You! 
-Sara-

No comments: