Friday, October 11, 2013

Check out this inspirational video of a woman who beat the odds by beating Mesothelioma!

Check out this inspirational video of a woman who fought hard to beat mesothelioma after being told she had no more than 15 months to live. She now fights to provide hope to individuals who are struggling and to raise awareness of mesothelioma.

This is her biography written on her website:

In 2005, at the age of 36, and only three months after giving birth to my beautiful daughter Lily Rose, I was diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma. Upon learning of this life-altering diagnosis, my husband Cameron and I embarked upon a search to find the best mesothelioma treatment care available. Our search eventually led us to Dr. David Sugarbaker, a renowned mesothelioma surgeon at the Boston based Brigham and Women's hospital.Today, I am a seven-year mesothelioma cancer survivor and have made it my mission to help other mesothelioma victims around the globe. I share my personal story to help spread hope and awareness for others going through this, in hopes that one day no one else will have to.

Check out her video at: http://www.mesothelioma.com/heather/#.Ulf5bhAec5Y

While this isn't directly related to mental health, I think it is important to raise awareness to the various struggles individuals deal with as well. I found her video via an e-mail from her husband who saw my blog and asked if I were willing to share it on the blog!

No comments: